What You Need To Know About The 21-Year-Old Who Killed The Super TV CEO

Chidinma Ojukwu

Chidinma Ojukwu is a 21-year-old Mass Communication student in the University of Lagos.

Chidinma was arrested on the 23rd of June, 2021 by the police for allegedly killing the chief executive officer of Super TV, Usifo Ataga.

It was reported that the accused was engaged in a romantic relationship with the victim for the last four months until his death on the 15th of June 2021.

Usifo Atanga

After the Police apprehended her on the 23rd of June, she was paraded at the Police headquarters in Ikeja on the 24th of June, where she also confessed to committing the crime.

The state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, also attested to the fact that she confessed to killing the 50 year old CEO and she went ahead to withdraw funds from his account.

In her words; > “We were in the lodge smoking. He was trying to make advances on me. I was tired and he became violent on it. I let him have his way. Towards afternoon, he ordered roofies. We took it together and ate food. He became high. I was still not happy with the first one (sex) that we had, so, I was staying on my own, smoking and drinking. He, too, was on his own.

“He came to me and I was like I am not happy with what he did. I was like, ‘You don’t help me, you don’t assist me with anything, you are just playing with me around’. He was like, ‘Take my ATM and withdraw what you want." I withdrew N380,000.

In no time, the case of Chidinma gained popularity and her some reactions from Nigerians to the case:

Apparently, some people believe that the man wouldn’t be dead if wasn’t cheating on his wife and family with a 21 year old. The narrative was countered by some others who believe that it is nothing but “victim blaming”.

While others couldn’t help but pity the 21-year-old and point out that she is too beautiful and young to kill a man.

Well, what are your thoughts on these?

Imagine people saying that she is too beautiful to kill someone. SMH
It is not written on the forehead.
She should be accorded the same treatment that would be given to a 21year old guy if he had done the same.

No pity in this case!!!