Please read to the end
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and a great work ethic to join our online discussion forum as a Panelist/discussant
NewsComers.com is an online discussion forum, but with the discussions more guided and deliberate. The idea is to discuss hot and value-adding topics each day (Nigerian and Foreign).
Topics/threads are started by and facilitated by the admin or forum moderators, and for each topic or thread, the discussion will be driven by pointed questions. The commenters (or panelists/discussants as we choose to call them) structure their responses according to the questions asked. See the thread below to have an idea of how the discussions on the forum flow.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Not be a religious or tribal bigot.
- Be educated (minimum of an HND or BSc degree) and be able to write very well (in English, of course!)
- Be efficient with a computer and can sit for long periods
- Own a desktop, laptop, or an appropriate smart phone.
- Have a reliable internet connection
- Have good comprehension and analytical skills
- Good writing skills (a published-author-level of skillfulness is too farfetched). You need to be able to write your thoughts in a way that will be correctly understood.
- Must be active on the relevant social media (Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland, etc) with decent following and posts.
- Be able to argue for and against any position (this should be evident in your social media posts). In other words, you should be able to see the pros and cons of any side of an argument or position. This also means that you should be able to do good research.
- Be research-savvy. You should know how to research (internet mostly) and get relevant information. You should know how to include references in your posts
- Be knowledgeable in several areas like politics/governance, technology, entertainment, etc
- Have a good sense of logic (i.e. high logical reasoning and analytical capabilities). Your logic should be superb and easy to follow and understand. Whatever argument you are making (for or against a point) should be convincing on its own
- Have a good working-from-anywhere discipline since this job will not be office-based, and it is 7-days a week role. You will be required to post every day!
- Have experience posting on online forums. We may need username to confirm quality of posts.
- As part of the recruitment process, all candidates will be given a test, and the test will basically be to comment on a specified post on the forum. From your comment we will evaluate your knowledge, research abilities, intelligence, how well you understand issues, logic, speed, and communication skills. Register and comment on the topic below and include your username in the CV you submit. Please do not bother submitting a CV if you have not participated in the test. The post to comment on is below.
Your Role (if your application is successful):
- You will act as panelist/discussant/analyst/argumentator, etc on NewsComers.com
- The idea is to fully discuss at least 3 topics per day. The topics can be on politics, government and governance, education, etc
- Daily expectation: you will be expected to make at least 20 posts per topic per day. Your posts would, of course, be driven by the questions the thread moderator asks. Each topic will have at least 20 questions … It’s a full-time job!
- Be commenting on all questions on the forum intelligently, to a conclusive end
- You must invite friends to register and start commenting on the forum. At least 5 new and commenting users per week is the target. Intelligent users!
- You will share links to all posts from the forum on your social media handles especially Facebook and Twitter
- You can act as a forum moderator when given the opportunity. In other words, you should know what kind of questions and follow up questions a topic can elicit.
- When acting as a moderator, you should be able to spot behaviors that are against our rules and apply the appropriate sanction (warning, deletion of comments, banning, etc).
- Any other role that the admin may assign to you from time to time.
- It’s 24/7 job, meaning public holidays and weekends are still work days
N150,000 per month (gross)
How to apply:
- If you are interested in this job send your CV to NewsComersForum@gmail.com on or before January 15th, 2021.
- Please note that your CV must clearly state the social media you are active in and possibly links (or your username on those sites) to your posts for us to be able to evaluate how well you present your arguments online