NewsComers

Reno Omokri Collecting Signatures For Petition To EFCC To Investigate Tinubu....Hit or Miss?

So a former aide to former President Jonathan, Reno Omokiri, has started a petition on Change.org to compel the Economic & Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to investigate former Lagos State Governor and Leader of the ruling APC, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu for contravening the money laundering act for allegedly using bullion vans to bring cash to his house on the eve of the last general election in 2019.

As at when I last checked the status of the petition, people were yet to sign. I do not know if that is still the case.

My questions is: even if the required 15,000 people sign the petition, would that force EFCC to investigate Tinubu? The petition is not necessarily evidence, and this is not the first time a petition has been written to the EFCC about this same bullion vans issue.

Even though most people believe EFCC has not investigated Tinubu for this (assuming it is wrong to have bullion vans in one’s house), could it be possible that the EFCC has actually investigated this and found no wrong in it? Is it possible?

This is me wondering aloud now: if BAT (as Senator Tinubu is sometimes called) were to be a strong member of the opposition, would we be getting a different response from the EFCC? By response I mean anything but the silence we are getting.

What would be the next line of action for Reno if he does not get the required number of signatures?

Should Senator Tinubu be worried?