Buhari Advices Religious And Sports Personalities To Take Vaccine On National TV

The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari has demanded that Pastors, Imams, and other popular personalities should take the Covid-19 vaccine on National TV.

He believes that this will help to encourage Nigerians that the vaccine is harmless and therefore safe for them to take.

I don’t think this is a bad idea, and although the paranoia that resides in Nigerians might still make them question if its the same vaccine that was administered to the personalities on TV will also be administered to them, asides this, there’s no doubt that this will turn the hearts of Nigerians towards seeing the vaccine in a new light and getting themselves vaccinated.

What do you think about this?

This is quite laudable as Nigerians are known to be highly religious people and would readily yield to whatever their spiritual leaders tell them to do. However, without being bias I think a lot more work will need to be done in the north amongst the Muslims. Many of them already feel western education is no good and they already have an agenda against vaccination. But it must be said that the corona virus has not really ravaged the north as expected hence the more reason why many of them will object the vaccine. A lot of work will need to be done to convince them.

There is no doubt that more work needs to be done in convincing Nigerians and not just the Northerners alone that they need to be vaccinated.

I believe that Nigerians are yet to understand the seriousness and how deadly the virus is, that is why they believe there is a choice between being vaccinated or not.

More so, Nigeria as a country houses one of the most religious people in the world. Nigerians place a lot of trust in their religious leaders and in more cases than none, they obey them. So, if the government can get renowned religious leaders or even their celebrity idols to get vaccinated on national television, there’s a good chance than more than half the population of Nigerians will also be vaccinated.

You are quite correct. I was at shop rite on Sunday and you needed to see the crowd that were there. It was crowded than usual because a lot of persons came to watch funke Akindeles omo ghetto. Kids were crammed and people were in queue to either buy food or buy tickets and there was no form of social distancing. People just don’t believe it exists else there will be a lot of precautions. The sole responsibility rests with the government as they have to duly enforce and make people realise what is going on. London has entered its highest lockdown level than ever before. Our own government are scared for economic reasons, meanwhile they fail to understand that it is only people who are alive that can dream of talking about an economy.