ASUU Still Awaiting N40b Allowance As Promised By The Federal Government

Is another strike action lurking around the corner?

After spending a total of 9 months at home by both students and staff of Federal Universities, the far stretched strike action came to an end on the 23rd of December 2020 and a ray of hope for possible resumption in the new year were upon the faces of students as they celebrated through the holidays.

Meanwhile, the Federal Government still hasn’t done right by the signed memorandum of action to pay an allowance of N40 billion which was due as of the 31st of December.

The federal Government also only paid only two months worth of salary out of the six months owed to the staff.

Left to me, I don’t think that the Federal Government is ready to do well by ASUU which is quite pathetic and inconsiderate judging from he number of months students have spent out of school.

Is it possible that this will lead to another strike action because I don’t think ASUU is ready to back down on their demands?

Why do you think that the Federal Government is delaying the fulfillment of their promises towards ASUU?